Dr. Andy

Reflections on medicine and biology among other things

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Western States Pictures

Thanks to Tom Watson, pacer extrordinaire, for these. If you click (or maybe double click on them) you'll see bigger versions.
This is the view from the start.
The first climb takes you up over the shoulder on the left of the mountain dead ahead (at least that is how I remember it).
When you arrive in Squaw Valley and see what this climb looks like, it tends to have a sphincter tightening effect.






Second is the plaque on a rock near the start.

Third is a picture of the start. It nicely captures the feeling you get: it's dark, there are 400 runners, lights and a huge sense of anticipation

Me at Robinson Flat, doing something


Some nice views of the high country, taken by Tom so presumably somewhere around Robinson Flat.



My ace crew (Isabel and Colin) waiting at Michigan Bluff (I think). Remember CREW = Cranky runner, endless waiting.


I even stopped for a picture (I hate to waste time in aid stations)



Tom, resting up before his big night. He looks innocent here, but there is a dark side to him! Seriously, he was invaluble in pushing me those last 38 miles.





Crossing the finish line. I love this picture as it sort of sums up how I felt at the end. I was just a small part of an enormous undertaking. I have this as the background on my desktop at work. I also like that dark sky

Getting my finishing medal from Tim Twietmeyer. This was his first "off" year after doing the race 25 consecutive times under 24 hours, including several wins. Incredible.







Getting my belt buckle (gingerly) with Adrianne in the foreground











4 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Keep up the good work. skin

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath said...

race at night ?? r u serious doc

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous tips malam pertama said...

is that u dr?? you are quit handsome too :-)

tips malam pertama
malam pertama
malam pertama pengantin
kisah malam pertama
cerita malam pertama
pengalaman malam pertama
seks malam pertama
cerita lucu malam pertama
madu khaula
percocet 5 325
vicodin 5 500
antique bird cages
maytag dishwasher parts
headboards for queenbeds
ge dryer parts
ge dishwasher parts

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VIVA99 (VIVA99) - Videodl.cc
VIVA99 (VIVA99) Videodl.cc. VIVA99 (VIVA99) Videodl.cc. VIVA99 (VIVA99) youtube video to mp3 converter Videodl.cc. VIVA99 (VIVA99) Videodl.cc. VIVA99 (VIVA99) Videodl.cc. VIVA99 (VIVA99) Videodl.cc. VIVA99 (VIVA99) Videodl.cc. VIVA99 (VIVA99) Videodl.cc. VIVA99 (VIVA99) Videodl.cc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home